Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Kernel with very low memory requirement (~12MB) for

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Kernel with very low memory requirement (~12MB) for domU
From: CJ van den Berg <cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 23:13:08 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 22:23:05 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 06:25:08PM +0100, Rickard Borgmäster wrote:
> CJ van den Berg wrote:
> >I am using Xen in a similar network testing environment and I can boot my
> >regular domU kernel with memory=10 without a problem.
> >
> >I've attached my kernel and xen config for you to tryout. Note though that
> >am using reiserfs and not ext3.
>
> Fantastic! So now there is further more evidence that it works :-) I'll
> have a look at your config tomorrow and see if I can build a 2.6.16-rc1
> kernel tomorrow. Have only been using 2.6.12.6 so far...
>
> Btw, are you running Xen-2 or Xen-3?

I am running Xen 3.0-testing on Debian sid using Ralph Passgang's
packages [1]. I use his kernel for dom0 and several custom kernels in domUs.
I am running Debian sid in both dom0 and all domUs.

1. http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-01/msg00641.html

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx