Re: [Xen-devel] Support for AGP aperture as IOMMU in AMD64 mode [2/2]

To: Muli Ben-Yehuda <mulix@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Support for AGP aperture as IOMMU in AMD64 mode [2/2]
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:52:51 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Langsdorf, Mark" <mark.langsdorf@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:54:47 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 20 Jan 2006, at 02:03, Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:

Some of those change are definitely Xen specific, such as the
switch from virt_to_phys() to virt_to_bus around line 416,

mainline has

#define virt_to_bus virt_to_phys,

so that should just work. However I'm pretty sure someone was pushing
for deprecating virt_to_bus?

Yeah, I fell foul of that and it's the reason why phys_to_gart() was originally introduced. I suspect that those uses of virt_to_bus() should actually be phys_to_gart(virt_to_phys()).

 -- Keir