[Xen-devel] SSIDs and domain migration

To: Reiner Sailer <sailer@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xense-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] SSIDs and domain migration
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:18:44 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 01:26:38 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Reiner,

There was quite a bit of talk at the Summit about the difficulties of migration in secure Xen. I know one area of difficulty is managing the SSID references since they're only meaningful on the local machine and depend on the installed policies.

Could you comment on how this could be handled today in Xen? Should migration ignore the SSID refs for now? Is there a complete long term solution?

Thanks,

Anthony Liguori