[Xen-devel] Re: Getting VBD working with xenstore, again

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Getting VBD working with xenstore, again
From: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:42:12 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:49:09 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 1/12/06, Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I have the code below, a version of which used to (just before xen3
> release) work fine for giving my domain access to a block device. I
> have tried to adjust this based on the python source, but my block
> device no longer registers in domU :-(

Got it working, main points was that I had to reverse the order of
writing to frontend and backend stores (probably not new actually),
that the physical-device string is now in "%x:%x" format (but the
virtual-device is not...) and that the the mode key is mandatory.

Best,
Jacob