Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3 dom0 eats memory - ME TOO

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3 dom0 eats memory - ME TOO
From: Patrick Scharrenberg <pittipatti@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:26:34 +0100
Cc: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:32:13 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir Fraser schrieb:
>> I'll add free memory to mrtg and see what that uncovers...
>
> Looks like somethign allocates lots of 64-byte buffers and never frees
> them. I don't currently know what is doing those allocations. It might
> be worth adding tracing to kmalloc().
I  changed my configuration in the following way and now no memory gets
lost.

I leave the physical eth0 as it is when the machine boots, create a
bridge which holds all vif's of the domUs.
So I have no vif for dom0 and use the physical ethernet interface directly.
Turn on masquerading for eth0 like I did before.

Now it works.

It seems that the "virtualisazion" of the ethernet interface is
responsible for the troubles.

Patrick