Re: [Xen-devel] Problem running Archlinux under Xen

On 3 Jan 2006, at 09:23, Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

when trying to run Archlinux which is using glibc-2.3.5-8 as my dom0
in xen3.0 (latest version from unstable), /sbin/init dies with this
error:

"Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../sysdeps/generic/dl-sysdep.c: 464:
_dl_important_hwcaps: Assertion `m == cnt' failed!"

- causing the system to reboot. Is anyone aware of a way that I can fix this?

I wonder if this is due to the nosegneg hwcap we export from xenlinux.

You might want to try removing the last three lines from arch/xen/i386/kernel/vsyscall-note.S.

 -- Keir