Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Kernel Freeze

On 21 Dec 2005, at 15:17, Luke wrote:

On Dec 21, 2005, at 9:55 AM, Keir Fraser wrote:
It's worth trying to add 'nousb' as a Linux boot parameter.

Worked like a charm. Thanks - it was fairly important to get this fixed.

Is there a good understanding of why this is? Fix in the works? I may need to actually use the USB in the next couple months...

Andi Kleen has suggested that the problem may be due to a bad interaction with legacy USB emulation. If this is the case, you may be able to fix the instability without disabling usb by adding 'usb-handoff' as a Linux boot parameter (instead of 'nousb').

That option is a default on some vendor kernels and also, I think, on more recent mainline kernels, which could be why non-Xen kernels have worked okay for you.

 -- Keir