Re: [Xen-devel] latest USB code including Xenidc documentation

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 05:23:51PM +0000, Harry Butterworth wrote:

> I can do the 17 patches I posted before.  They were smaller and
> incremental in that the code would compile cleanly when patches 1-n were
> applied for n = 1 to 17.
>
> Is that what you are looking for?

I'm afraid not. What I would like to see (and I imagine others as
well) is a set of incremental patches, each of which is a good step
forward on its own. Continuing to compile cleanly is a prerequisite,
but not sufficient to be useful.

Do the USB drivers need all of the current XenIDC code to be
functional, or can you post a tiny USB frontend/backend driver that
uses the minimal ammount of XenIDC code (or none at all at first, that
would be even better)? If that's possible, the next step would be to
add useful IDC and USB driver functionality one small incremental
patch at a time. That makes the review and submission process much
easier, since each patch can be discussed on its own merits and
accepted or reworked. The way the code stands right now, it's an all
or nothing deal.

Cheers,
Muli
--