[Xen-devel] AMD SVM Xen port is public

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] AMD SVM Xen port is public
From: "Wahlig, Elsie" <elsie.wahlig@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:41:00 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 03:42:57 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AMD is pleased to announce the availability of the Xen port to support
AMD's SVM virtualization technology.  There is new repository hosted at
http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/xen-unstable-hvm.hg which you can pull
the code from.   This temporary repository is being kept up-to date with
the xen-unstable while we make any refinements on the code as it enters
more widespread test and review.  The SVM code has functionality for
fully virtualized 32-bit guests, while we are continuing to work on
fully virtualized 64-bit guests.

Credit is due to the following at AMD:  Tom Woller, Mats Petersson,
Travis Betak, Nagib Gulam, Leo Duran, Rosilmildo Dasilva and Wei Huang.
You'll hopefully get to know them all as the SVM support is evolved.

This new repository also introduces the HVM abstraction layer which was
contributed by Leendert van Doorn from IBM. HVM refactors Xen's full
virtualization support into a common layer and defines an interface
to architecture specific components. This enables a single Xen
hypervisor
to dynamically detect and support AMD's SVM or Intel's VT technology
while providing a single uniform management and user interface.

Many thanks to Ian and his team for code review and excellent Xen
development support.

Elsie Wahlig