[Xen-devel] Bugs in your Dokumentation of the user.html - Xen 3.0

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Bugs in your Dokumentation of the user.html - Xen 3.0
From: Joern Bruns <joern_bruns@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 12:38:32 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:18:51 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1.: The following Sentences are written two times, first time under 2.6
second time under 3.1:

"What follows should look much like a conventional Linux boot. The first
portion of the output comes from Xen itself, supplying low level
information about itself and the underlying hardware. The last portion
of the output comes from XenLinux."

"When the boot completes, you should be able to log into your system as
usual. If you are unable to log in, you should still be able to reboot
with your normal Linux kernel by selecting it at the GRUB prompt."

2.: Chapter 3.3:

"To specify a domain is to start at boot-time, place its configuration
file (or a link to it) under /etc/xen/auto/"

Problem is: A symbolic Link isn't possible to use, and I think, you
should say that, cause a lot off people use only them.

3. The README of the Xen-3.0.0-Distribution: In the grub-example the
module-directory-name not correct:

  module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen

In my configuration this wont be running, ther ist missing a "0" at the end

In your user.html you use:

  module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen0

and this might be o.k.

Greetings and thanks for your great product,

Jörn Bruns