Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 Test CD v1 released

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.0 Test CD v1 released
From: Matt Ayres <matta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 15:35:34 -0500
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 20:36:14 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir Fraser wrote:

On 25 Nov 2005, at 17:33, Matt Ayres wrote:

Can you comment if the bugs I've reported in bugzilla #'s 402, 405, and 406 have been fixed/assigned? I tried to change a few of our (unixshell.com) users over to a 3.0 server and it turned out poorly. We have serial console (with logging) setup for our servers so when a system panics or sends an oops so I am more than capable of capturing it submitting bugs for any troubles, but I received those different 3 panics and the system couldn't stay up for more than a few hours (I had even tried turning off PAE and SMP support). This was all using snapshots from around 11/13. I know there have been many, many commits since then.

402 and 405 are the same bug. Can you really repro it with a non-PAE kernel? It looks related to using swiotlb to access memory >4GB.

I should have documented this better, I believe due to the panics in 402/405 I switched to non-PAE, non-SMP dom0 and domU kernels and then produced 406.

If you can repro 406 with a debug build of Xen (debug=y make) then the backtrace will make much more sense.

I can try to do this. Of course I can't guarantee to get the panic, but if I get do see anything I'll make sure the kernels are built with debugging enabled.