Re: [Xen-devel] domU boot/mount errors

To: Stephan Böni <boeni@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] domU boot/mount errors
From: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:41:00 +0000
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Arnd Schmitter <arnd_xen@xxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:41:04 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 11:00:05AM +0200, Stephan Böni wrote:

> > Stephan Böni wrote:
> > > When i start my domU, often there are not all filesystems
> > mounted, as
> > > defined in /etc/fstab. In all cases the device nodes, like
> > > /dev/hda3, are missing. After every reboot of my domU some other
> > > device nodes are gone and others are now there, but never
> > all of them.
> >
> > [Snip!]

To resurrect an ancient thread: I've put some changes over the last week which
between them seem to have caught the last of the device creation races.  I
have just successfully created a domU with 17 LVM partitions available as
/dev/sda1 to /dev/sda17, and mounted all of them simultaneously inside the
guest.

You will see these changes once they have passed our internal tests, which
will probably be tomorrow.  Once they push through, I would be interested to
know whether you have success in trying the configuration you were trying last
month.

Cheers,

Ewan.