Re: [Xen-devel] USB virt status --- Help please!!!

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 08:36:07PM +0000, Harry Butterworth wrote:

> So, I'd like it to be on as a fallback.

I've been pondering an extension of my dma_ops patch[0] to allow
setting the dma_ops dynamically on a per device / subsystem, somewhat
similar to how ppc does it. The objective would be to use nommu where
possible and safe, and fallback to swiotlb for devices or subsystems
that aren't safe otherwise. So for net and block we could have nommu
and fall back to swiotlb for e.g. USB. What do people think about this
approach?

Cheers,
Muli
--