Re: [Xen-devel] Network still broken, new issue as well , 7468:17a9f111f

To: Paul Larson <pl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Network still broken, new issue as well , 7468:17a9f111fa93
From: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:01:36 +0100
Cc: Ted Kaczmarek <tedkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:58:47 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 05:28:17PM -0500, Paul Larson wrote:

> Please see bug #363 that's currently biting several of us with systems
> which, for various reasons, use eth1 instead of eth0.  I hope you don't
> mind, I attached logfiles and command output to the bug rather than
> spamming here with it.

I don't mind that at all, no.  In fact, it's much better for me if the logs
are on the bug, and drawing attention to a new bug on the list is good too.

> We have always had to workaround this it seems,
> but were hoping the new script would fix it.  Instead, with the new
> script we just had to find a new workaround.
>
> Basicially, on these systems it assumes eth0 (which we don't use), so we
> never get networking on domU.

I think you want to set, in /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp,

(network-script blade-network)

and then create a file /etc/xen/scripts/blade-network that looks like:

#!/bin/sh

dir=$(dirname "$0")
exec "$dir/network-bridge" "$@" "netdev=eth1"

Don't forget to chmod +x /etc/xen/scripts/blade-network, too.

Hopefully, that will do the trick.  Let me know how you get on.

Ewan.