Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3.0 for AMD Pacifica

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3.0 for AMD Pacifica
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:37:47 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:35:55 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > We intend to add support for x86 h/w virtualization extensions
> > as information about them becomes available.
>
> What information is needed beyond the Pacifica documentation already
> provided by AMD and the Vanderpool docs provided by Intel?

In principle, nothing, but the code and manpower coming from those guys is a
*huge* help.  The other information - stuff like, when hardware is being
released, how work is progressing, which optional features of the specs will
be implemented - is rather hush for business reasons.

> Is there any possibility of setting up a mailing list directed specifically
> at xen 3.0 hardware supported virtualization?

I guess there's an argument for this - h/w virtualisation posts give a
substantial amount of the traffic on xen-devel these days.  Would it really
be much of an advantage?

Cheers,
Mark