[Xen-devel] Re: Xen TCP/UDP checksum problems

To: Ulrich Weber <uweber@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen TCP/UDP checksum problems
From: Tim Durack <tdurack@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:46:21 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:43:47 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It seems to be driver related. Anything tg3/bcm broadcom based.

A bridged setup doesn't exhibit the problem.

A routed setup has tcp/udp checksum problems. You can make routed work by building gre tunnels on top of the eth0/vifx.1 virtual point-to-point links. These extra encapsulation seems to avoid whatever the checksum offload problem is. Ugly but it works.

Sorry I don't have anything better to offer.

Tim:>