[Xen-devel] new mfn_to_pfn() in blkfront

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] new mfn_to_pfn() in blkfront
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:08:51 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:10:35 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi --

An ongoing activity on the Xen/ia64 team has been
to (slowly but surely) remove the arch-dep code out
of various Xen front/back drivers.  This will
hopefully make it easier -- eventually -- to get
the Xen drivers more widely accepted for Linux.

A recent changeset (7107) added a call to mfn_to_pfn
into blkfront/blkfront.c, which had previously
been arch-neutral.  And, unfortunately, there's no
arch-dep header file included by that file so there's
no easy way to redefine it.  I was looking at
other ways of patching around it, but one might
consider this a regression that should be fixed.

Is there another, arch-neutral, way to write
this code?  Or at least turn it into a function
like interface?

Thanks,
Dan