Re: [Xen-devel] 32/64-bit hypercall interface

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 32/64-bit hypercall interface
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:12:29 -0500
Cc: Jimi Xenidis <jimix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:11:07 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[Somehow Keir was dropped from the CC list on my earlier mail; sorry.]

On Thursday 29 September 2005 13:17, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> On Thursday 29 September 2005 08:56, Ian Pratt wrote:
> > Since we're only talking about dom0 ops, it wouldn't be unreasonable to
> > turn all the long's into u64's. This would be pretty straightforward,
> > arguably easier than bothering with a u_reg type or similar.
>
> start_info_t: tools, kernel
> xen_parameters_info_t: tools, hypervisor
> gnttab_setup_table_t: kernel, hypervisor
> gnttab_transfer_t: kernel, hypervisor
> struct xen_memory_reservation: tools, kernel, hypervisor
> struct t_rec: tools, hypervisor
> struct t_buf: tools, hypervisor
>
> (This was just a quick grep for "long" in xen/include/public.)

Of course, pointers have the same problem. Thankfully, it seems pointers are
mostly found in the same list of offenders. (It's also a little harder to
grep for "*", so I could be missing some problems.)

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center