Re: [Xen-devel] FC4 SMP domU ?

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 12:14 -0500, David F Barrera wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 12:37 -0400, Ted Kaczmarek wrote:
> > Is anyone running FC4 SMP domU's?
> >
> I am. I have an FC4 SOM domU that's currently running with vcpus = 2.
> Top shows Cpu0 and Cpu1.
> Testing with Changeset 7124.

changeset:   7121:f069a06e650f
tag:         tip
user:        kaf24@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
date:        Wed Sep 28 17:18:30 2005 +0100
summary:     Fix fixed-point long multiplication used in time delta

Ok, I found a log file I had showing that I did indeed have SMP working
on a FC4 domU, wish I stuffed changeset info in it :-(

I tool the cpu = designation out of the config for kicks, no change.

I attached the xend log of one of the domU's in question. Nothing jumps
out at me here.

Is their anything in the image itself that could cause such an issue?
With my limited knowledge I would think not.

Seeing this with recent changesets.

All the domU's should be smp listed below.

[root@inyoureyes ~]# xm list
Name              Id  Mem(MB)  CPU VCPU(s)  State  Time(s)
Domain-0           0      129    -      2   r-----   2226.9
debian            47       84    -      2   -b----     20.3
gentoo            44       91    -      2   -b----    146.7
gentoo-1          29       91    -      2   -b----    130.2
inyoureyes-domain1  45      638    -      2   r-----    946.3
inyoureyes-domain2  33       95    0      1   -b----    202.8
inyoureyes-domain3  48       95    1      1   -b----     19.2
inyoureyes-domain4  31      787    -      2   ------   2447.8

Looks like some newer changsets are in, will give that a whirtl.

But being as no one else is seeing this I am a tad perplexed to say the
least.

The irony of this is the domU is FC4 :-)

Regards,
Ted