Re: [Xen-devel] back/frontend drivers HelloWorld

On 26 Sep 2005, at 02:38, NAHieu wrote:

I looked at some frontend code, and they all exploit the xenbus_driver
(and the needed common fields are .ids, .probe and .remove ). So it is
mandatory for all backend/frontend (regardless of real or virtual
device) to do like that ?

I didn't develop xenbus or the new driver interfacing code, but I'm certain you need to interact with xenbus to some extent -- it's the only way for a guest kernel to access xenstore. I suspect you are best off taking that xenbus-interfacing code from one of the split drivers, to use as an initial template.

 -- Keir