Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create domU

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot create domU
From: Chris Bainbridge <chris.bainbridge@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:39:02 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:36:48 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 23/09/05, Michael Vrable <mvrable@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jon Mason made a post yesterday where he tracked the problem down (for
> him) to the changeset "Move block device bind/unbind into hotplug
> scripts" (e9d01c5dc7b4d6b7cda9ade0d137ddb89bb204cc).  I was running into
> the same problem, and so based on his detective work tried installing
> hotplug (actually hotplug and udev, but the first might be enough) in
> domain-0.  Domain creation now works for me.
>
> Check to see if you have hotplug installed in your domain-0, and if not,
> whether installing it makes a difference.

I have the same error, I had 'hotplug-base' installed, just added
'hotplug' (these are gentoo ebuild names, hotplug-base installs
/sbin/hotplug and hotplug is /etc/hotplug scripts). It made no
difference, virtual block device still fails out. After a reboot
/proc/sys/kernel/hotplug points to /sbin/udevsend, I don't know what
it should be for xen to work?