RE: [Xen-devel] make mkpatches

To: "Chris Wright" <chrisw@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] make mkpatches
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:01:39 +1000
Cc: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 01:59:24 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Should I
> > apply these patches/linux-2.6.12/* before or after applying the
> > mkpatches-generated patch?
>
> Apply them before the mkpatches patch.

I tried them the other way around and it worked too. I guess the patches
don't tread on each other much. The mkpatches patch said it should be
applied to a pristine kernel tree.

It seems to be compiling now. Quite a few 'implicit declaration of
function ...' and '... is deprecated' warnings, but no errors so far.
Thanks.

James