RE: [Xen-devel] When is "physical-device" created in xenstore?

To: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] When is "physical-device" created in xenstore?
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 19:41:09 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:38:59 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If making following temp hack in XendDomainInfo.py:

             back = { 'type' : type,
                      'params' : params,
                      'frontend' : frontpath,
-                     'frontend-id' : "%i" % self.domid }
+                     'frontend-id' : "%i" % self.domid,
+                    'physical-device' : "%li" % blkdev_name_to_number(params) }
             xstransact.Write(backpath, back)

Then physical-device is created under backend and the communication can be
setup. However this hard code definitely breaks existing logical behind. Should
I do any specific configuration? From the Blkctl.py, it said that "phy" type
doesn't require bind/unbind script, but I didn't find the place to add that
item specifically. ;-(

Thanks,
Kevin