Re: [Xen-devel] 3.0-testing Status

To: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 3.0-testing Status
From: Ryan Harper <ryanh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:11:39 -0500
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:09:32 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
* Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2005-09-14 09:03]:
> > I was curious if there's an estimation on when 3.0-testing is
> > going to be declared?  Is there a list of things that are
> > outstanding before it will happen?
>
> Renaming the -unstable tree would be a fairly pointless exercise so we
> haven't done so. We've been operating in 'testing' mode for some time,

Do you have any sort of list of features/bugs that you are tracking?
Also, do you have a list of your criteria for when 3.0 testing is ready
for release?  This sort of information and status would help us
understand where our efforts should be focused.

> working our way through the issues that are reported (and the ones that
> our extensive regression test infrastructure 'XenRT' picks up).

XenRT?  First I've heard of this.  Is it available? source? status?
output?  Anything on the wiki?

> Many of the oustanding issues are to do with the wide variety of
> hardware platforms xen is run on. To this end Dan/Chris/Tim have worked
> over the summer to create an automated 'test CD'. The CD is by no means
> as extensive as XenRT, but is targeted specifically to find h/w platform
> issues (does it boot, does network work, video, disks etc). We'll
> officially release the CD as soon as there are no platform-related
> issues on any of the machines we have access to (which is a fair range).
> We're quite close to that.

Do any of the xensource guys file bugs in bugzilla regarding these
platform bugs that XenRT is turning up?  Even if they are fixed right
away, it is nice to have a record of issues that were encountered.

I'd also be interested in seen what range of hw you guys are testing
over as well.

--
Ryan Harper
IBM Corp., Austin, Tx