[Xen-devel] RE: [UPDATE] Xen crashes

To: "Bonnell, David" <David_Bonnell@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: [UPDATE] Xen crashes
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:03:56 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:03:00 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The complete Xen boot log and strace are attached however I'm
> not sure the strace log is complete (in fact, I'm almost
> certain it is not!) as the latest entries may not have been
> flushed to disk before the crash and hence lost.  (Unless Xen
> is booted with "noreboot" the strace log file is not even created!).
>
> The only output from restoretextmode before the crash is:
>
>       Using nvidia driver, 65536KB, Type: GeForce (NV 11).
>
> I'll pull down the source and compile restoretextmode/svgalib
> with debug symbols so I can step through it in gdb until the
> point of the "bang".

It looks like it's going at it through /proc/pci raher than /dev/mem. I
seem to recall we fixed the memmap functions od /dev/mem a couple of
weeks back, but I wander if read/write have been attended to?

Having the fragment of source that's causing the crash would be useful
to target the search.

Ian