Re: [Xen-devel] VMware crashes with recent 3.0

To: Birger Toedtmann <btoedtmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] VMware crashes with recent 3.0
From: Tim Newsham <newsham@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:37:17 -1000 (HST)
Cc: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:35:06 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
we do miscellaneous experiments with -unstable by booting a Linux-Dom0
inside a VMware-Workstation (5.0.0 build 13124).  Where -unstable until
September 1st worked quite well, VMware crashes with the default
dom0-build at least from last Friday on (September 9th, maybe earlier
but not before 1st).  The Xen/dom0 boot console now always predictably
stops at "Scrubbing Free RAM..."

I've updated since september first and run in vmware 4.5. I haven't seen any crashes when scrubbing ram. I do see some bad performance issues but these haven't started recently. I also see occasional crashes (of dom0 linux) if I flood the serial debug output. Other than that, it has been working fairly well for me and continues to. The last time I updated is probably around sept 7th.

Birger Tödtmann                   email:btoedtmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/