[Xen-devel] Windows XP patches

To: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Windows XP patches
From: David Brusowankin <skidancer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:03:59 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 02:01:52 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

This is my first post to this group. I am confused by what I have read in an early version of the FAQ and the current version. The first version said that there was a licensing issue and the second version claims that Windows does not lend itself to the paravirtualization techniques that Xen uses. Has Xen changed that much? The reason I would like to know is that I do not want to have to buy a new system in order to take be able to run Windows XP and Linux or Darwin/Mac OSX together (yes I have begun to read the documentation so that I can port Darwin to Xen). If the problem is the licensing, would that still apply if I am a registered legal owner of an existing copy of Windows XP and could just patch a few dll's?

Thanks,

David