Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic, Domain 0 shutdown (was Aieee! CPU0 is toas

To: Jeremy Katz <katzj@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic, Domain 0 shutdown (was Aieee! CPU0 is toast...)
From: Ted Kaczmarek <tedkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:22:34 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Thomas Kofler <xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 14:21:10 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 10:05 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 14:47 +0200, Thomas Kofler wrote:
> > I upgraded to the latest FC4 rpms on this server and got the serial debug
> > work. We did "mv /lib/tls /lib/tls.disabled" but the tls message also
> > remained, which was not the case with older rpms.
>
> This message is misleading and not actually the case with current Fedora
> glibc builds (including FC4).  Xen triggers the use of
> the /lib/i686/nosegneg glibc binaries which don't really have the
> performance hits.  Prior xen builds have had this message patched out,
> but the most recent build didn't have this done.
>
> Jeremy

I had to append vdso=0 with those rpms on FC4 on my smp athlon to get it
to boot at all.

 Also xen built rpm from
changeset:   6464:b3785cbb723b8b355c1282232de0bd1cfbfb3556
tag:         tip
user:        cl349@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
date:        Mon Aug 29 18:40:47 2005
summary:     Simplify and fix SMP irq and ipi teardown/setup on
suspend/resume.

to get xend to play nicer, the xen-2-20050823 was brutal :-)

Having issue with xen_net but that may be specific to my hardware, tyan
2462.

Not sure if it helps but I would definitely try passing vdso=0

Regards,
Ted