Re: [Xen-devel] domU on x86_64 xenlinux problems

On 30 Aug 2005, at 18:27, Nakajima, Jun wrote:

Before I dig deeper to debug, I'm wondering if I'm missing some setup
things. I see some improvements with the domU side last night (I used to
get an error from xend, and xm failed), but I still see problems like:

Using config file "/root/xmexample1".
Started domain domU
xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

I think this is a known race between xenconsoled finding a new domain, setting up a tty, and writing the info into xenstore, versus xm trying to read the tty info out of xenstore.

At the very least, xm should poll a few times (perhaps with sleep 1 in between) before giving up. Even better if xenconsoled could do its stuff in a more timely fashion, but we probably can't rely on that even after it's fixed up (will depend on scheduling etc).

 -- Keir