Re: [Xen-devel] domU NFS performance

On 29 Aug 2005, at 11:23, Nicholas Lee wrote:

One of the things I've noted when using mutt is particular problems
with 'c' opening a new folder.  I'm using courier-imap/maildir, and my
mail spool has almost a 1000 folders.

We certainly have seen inter-domain network problems in the past, but usually they crop up when running services in dom0, and moving them to domU fixes things. So this is odd because the behaviour appears to be reversed.

A few things to try: Use TCP rather than UDP as the transport protocol. Also, try setting rsize/wsize to less than the MTU (e.g. 1024). If the latter fixes things, try setting just one of rsize/wsize to the lower value.

UDP and IP fragmentation have been the biggest sources of problems for us. And I'm not totally sure how well Linux NFS implementation recovers from packet loss when it runs over UDP.

 -- Keir