[Xen-devel] Re: lazy context switching

On 26 Aug 2005, at 20:24, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

However, if we ever want to context switch for other reasons (e.g. a "yield" hypercall), we're back to the same problem: the hcall exception handler won't
save the nonvolatiles...

Instead of save/restore in just one exception handler, you could check a flag on the exit path of all exception handlers (maybe the same flag that sync_vcpu_execstate spins on). If that flag is clear you know you need to take a slower path that saves the non-volatiles into the old vcpu struct and loads from the new vcpu struct.

 -- Keir