Re: [Xen-devel] Timeout connecting to block device driver

To: Jacob Gorm Hansen <jacobg@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Timeout connecting to block device driver
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:57:40 -0500
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:56:48 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jacob Gorm Hansen wrote:

hi,

with the latest tarball I am seeing the following error:

<6>xen_blk: Initialising virtual block device driver
<4>xen_blk: Timeout connecting to device!

I have tried all permutations of grant table and blktap drivers in
linux0 and linuxU, to no avail.

I am using vm-tools-0.1.9 and am fearing the problem could lie in there.
Has the interface for registering with blkdev backends changed recently?
There is not an officially released version of vm-tools that has been updated for the store (yet). Once the store-work is complete, a new version will be released.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

thanks,
Jacob