Re: [Xen-devel] RE: new /etc/xen/network script

To: Nivedita Singhvi <nsnix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] RE: new /etc/xen/network script
From: David F Barrera <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:31:26 -0500
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Zhai, Edwin" <edwin.zhai@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:29:52 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 05:37 -0700, Nivedita Singhvi wrote:
> Ian Pratt wrote:
>
> > I guess an 'ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0' is a reasonable way to clear out the
> > ipv4 address.
> >
> > I've checked something in.
> > Ian
>
> Thanks, Ian. We'll test later today.
I am assuming the new network-bridge script is in the latest hg pull as
of this morning. It seems to have fixed the problems on the SLES 9
boxes; however, I seem to be having trouble on the FC3/4 boxes; the
domUs on those boxes cannot connect to the network, even though they
seem to be setup correctly and both worked previously. One has a static
IP address, and the other is setup for dhcp.

> thanks,
> Nivedita

Regards,

David F Barrera
Linux Technology Center
Systems and Technology Group, IBM

"The wisest men follow their own direction. "
                                                        Euripides