Re: [Xen-devel] problem using xenbus interface

To: NAHieu <nahieu@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] problem using xenbus interface
From: Dan Smith <danms@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 06:39:19 -0700
Cc: "List: Xen Developers" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 13:38:15 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> err = xenbus_scanf("/", "restart_mode", "%s", mode);

This will try to read //restart_mode, not /domain/<DOM>/restart_mode,
which I assume is not what you want.

Also, there is no way to access keys in the /domain/<DOM> directly,
only keys in subfolders.  For example, you should be using something
like /domain/<DOM>/control/restart_mode, like this:

err = xenbus_scanf("control", "restart_mode", "%s", mode);

Note the absence of the leading '/' in the directory parameter.  This
means the location is relative to the "home directory" of the domain.

> err = xenbus_mkdir("/", "test");

As I understand it, the plan is to remove the xenbus_mkdir() kernel
interface.  Directories should be created by the tools.  You should
have Xend (or something else) do the creation before the kernel needs
it.

You may want to take a look at the XenBus wiki page some of us have
been working on, which might help:

  http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBus

--
Dan Smith