Re: [Xen-devel] Testsuites

On Fri, 2005-08-05 at 10:18 -0500, Paul Larson wrote:
> I've glad to see that there are several tests starting to show up in the
> Xen tree, first for xenstore, now for consoled.  I'll try to resubmit
> the balloon tests I sent a while back today.
>
> I'm curious why the /tools/tests directory isn't getting used for these?
> It would be really convenient if all of these things were organized
> under that directory, making them easier to find, and easier to run as
> an overall testsuite.
>
> Any objections to this?

Yes, as I said on the xen tools list, my plan was to plumb in "make
check" and "make fullcheck" targets.  Centralizing the tests in a
directory is unnecessary, by having a central way of running them is
vital.  Note that this is for unit tests, not for tests which need Xen
actually running...

Rusty.
--
A bad analogy is like a leaky screwdriver -- Richard Braakman