[Xen-devel] Re: Build break with PAE enabled

To: Natasha Jarymowycz <natasha@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: Build break with PAE enabled
From: Gerd Knorr <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:48:27 +0200
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:53:30 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Currently x86_32 won't build with PAE enabled.  shadow_public.c needs
> access to functions in shadow32.c.  It looks like shadow_64.h
> includes the needed functionality for x86_64 builds.

Yep, and pae should use these as well.  I've changed a few
places with

        #if CONFIG_PAGING_LEVELS >= 4
        #include <asm/shadow_64.h>
        #endif

to "CONFIG_PAGING_LEVELS >= 3", maybe I forgot to include some
into the patch ...

> Also, shadow_l3_normal_pt_update() was clearly written for x86_64 only.

Yep, no actual code changes for PAE yet, that patch was just the
switchover from the old (shadow32.c) to the new shadow code.
PAE will use the 64bit code as the page table entries 64bit wide
as well.

  Gerd

PS: right now the build fails with "public/acm_ops.h: No such
    file or directory" ...

--
panic("it works"); /* avoid being flooded with debug messages */