Re: [Xen-devel] question about domU memory mapping

I actually tried to search the module structure pointer of a specified
module. For example, I might want to get the module structure pointer of
sunrpc kernel module.

What I did is to insert a new module into the kernel, then start from
__this_module in the new module and follow the link to search all
linked module list to look up the "sunrpc" module. If found, I can locate
the *mod that points to sunrpc module structure. Please check the
find_module function in kernel source code, I did the same thing. After I
got the *mod, mod is the virtual address and equal to d0848480, I then
convert it into machine address using virt_to_machine. Is this the right
way to do that?

WHy some kernel virtual addresses cannot be virt_to_machine'd? Any
restriction on that?

Thanks,

-x