[Xen-devel] Status of ioemu code in unstable?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Status of ioemu code in unstable?
From: John Byrne <john.l.byrne@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:02:45 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:01:22 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I've been trying to find out from the xen-devel archives and Google and I cannot seem to find the information I'm looking for.

I assume the goal of the ioemu is to provide necessary support for non-paravirtualized guess running on VT-x hardware. At a minimum I'd guess you'd need BIOS emulation, display card emulation, and timer/ interrupt emulation.

I'd like to know what's there; what works; and what else might be needed. A pointer to the information or a summary would be appreciated. Also, there is one item in the todo list in the wiki that suggests that the ioemu code will all be re-written. Is this for performance reasons?

Thanks,

John Byrne