Re: [Xen-devel] lowest limit for balloon?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] lowest limit for balloon?
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:12:03 +0100
Cc: Paul Larson <plars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:08:47 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I know that it's really difficult to determine how low is too low.
> Could I recommend a small interface change though, that would force the
> user to always specify units {B,K,M,...}?  That might help a little at
> least.

That sounds like it should rule out most accidental errors.  Whilst it's not
quite so raw, /proc interfaces tend to be a bit high level anyhow...

As an alternative, I guess we could introduce a guest-internal ballooning tool
- this could incorporate all the safety checks and user-friendliness (the
same or similar checks should be used in the xm tool for the node admin).

Cheers,
Mark