RE: [Xen-devel] Re: [ivtv-devel] Problems loading ivtv in Xen - DMAissue

To: "David Muench" <davemuench@xxxxxxxxx>, "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: [ivtv-devel] Problems loading ivtv in Xen - DMAissues?
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:17:41 +0100
Cc: xen-devel List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:16:23 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> No problem, thanks very much for all your help. It still
> amazes me that a Celeron in my basement can have 2 domains
> running web servers,
> 1 doing dns/dhcp/tftp type services, a mysql domain, a domain
> running Asterisk to control all my VOIP phones, and a mythtv
> backend domain that can simultaneously record 3 DVD quality
> mpeg-2 streams off of directv while playing back to (at
> least) two frontend machines in my house. All thanks to Xen.
> And I still have another 200 meg of unallocated ram, I wonder
> what I can do with that.. :)

I think you win the prize for the coolest Xen setup we've heard about!

Perhaps you could create a 'cool configurations' section on the wiki and
describe the setup in a bit more detail? It would be nice to have some
examples describing how people use Xen.

Thanks,
Ian