RE: [Xen-devel] xen-unstable-src tarball

Am Freitag, den 01.07.2005, 13:10 +0100 schrieb Ian Pratt:
>  > <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads/xen-
> > unstable-src.tgz>
> >
> > from today has 85MB because it containes complete & unclean
> > kernel trees ;-)
>
> Oops, and I really thought I'd got it right this time :-)
>
> I'll try again...
>
> NB: I'm also about to change the name of the install tar ball such that
> it contains an architecture prefix. Only people who pull it from scripts
> will likely notice.

If you're changing names, i'd vote for a bit more consistence. I have
managed to make a rpm specfile which builds stable, testing and
unstable, but that was a weird hack because of this:

branch          stable          testing         unstable
tarball         2.0.6           2.0-testing     unstable
tarball dir     2.0             2.0-testing     unstable
xm dmesg        2.0.6 (?)       2.0             3.0-devel
xen image       2.0.6           2.0-testing     3.0-devel
syms file       xen-syms-$VER   xen-$VER-syms   xen-$VER-syms

That makes scripting hard. And what about a date string in the
testing/unstable snapshot's names/versions?

Btw: "xm dmesg" shows

  Latest ChangeSet: information unavailable

with my builds. Is that a bug?

/nils.