Re: [Xen-devel] movl issue

Hi,

sorry for the time to answer,

I've put the patch here:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/downloads/temp/xen-upgrade-2612-rc1.diff.bz2

before applying the patch you must rename
linux-2.6.11-xen-sparse to linux-2.6.12-xen-sparse

then do:
mkdir patches/linux-2.6.12
cp patches/linux-2.6.11/smp-alts.patch patches/linux-2.6.12/
cp patches/linux-2.6.11/x86_64-linux.patch patches/linux-2.6.12/

2 last caveats:
  - serial console problem on i386 with SMP
  - compilation on x86_64 fail, but you can just remove the offending
    line in arch/xen/kernel/vmlinux.lds.S

      phys_startup_64 = startup_64 - LOAD_OFFSET;

    this is for the moment harmless to remove it, since it's
    related to kexec and it will works just fine without this.

we would like to hear if there's any others regressions to fix.
it would be nice before upgrading the real repository for everybody.

thanks,
--
Vincent Hanquez