[Xen-devel] xen bootup problem: unable to open an initial console

To: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] xen bootup problem: unable to open an initial console
From: Xin Zhao <zhaoxin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:55:50 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:54:45 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just migrated to fc3, and tried to install xen-2.0.6. But when I tried
to boot up xen0, I got the error message "unable to open an initial
console" and the system hangs after that.

I know this is a FAQ and already checked the XenFaq 5.2

But the solution put there only works for 2.6 kernel.

I still need to use 2.4.30-xen0, which doesn't work with initrd I can get
from the website and fc3. I guess that's because those initrd files are
just for 2.6. Question is how to get a usable 2.4 initrd? Is there any way
to get around this?

Thanks in advance for advices1

-x