RE: [Xen-devel] Re: xend issues

To: "Sharma, Arun" <arun.sharma@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: xend issues
From: "Neugebauer, Rolf" <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:25:03 +0100
Cc: "Neugebauer, Rolf" <rolf.neugebauer@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:24:13 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I haven't had the issue with two vms with the same name and same ID,
but, my experience is that the VMX domains linger around till you
forcible (-9) kill the device model.

Clearly this is something which needs to be addressed in xend as it
should have the info avail to destroy the device model when the vmx
domain goes away.

On a related note, currently the VNC viewer for the VMX domain is
started by xend but in my opinion should be started by 'xm' (as with
native xen VMs) as you are more likely to have your DISPLAY/XAUTH set
when executing xm rather than when xend is started.

Rolf