[Xen-devel] xs.c and PyMODINIT_FUNC in xen-unstable-src.tgz

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] xs.c and PyMODINIT_FUNC in xen-unstable-src.tgz
From: "rami rosen" <ramirosen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 05:09:02 -0300
Bcc:
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 08:08:14 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

Really a little thing:

I had downaloaded the xen-unstable-src.tgz version from the Xen downloads web site yesterday.

I ran "make world".
I have python-2.2.2-26 on my RH9 machine.

I get an error in xs.c; looking a bit showed that it came from that
PyMODINIT_FUNC is not define; more specifically:

These lines in python/xen/lowlevel/xs/xs.c:
/* Needed for Python versions earlier than 2.3. */
//#ifndef PyMODINIT_FUNC
//#define PyMODINIT_FUNC DL_EXPORT(void)
//#endif

So I removed this remarks ; I also saw that in xc.c and xu.c these
#ifndef PyMODINIT_FUNC lines **DO** appear.

I assume that these lines were remarked mistakingly and that there is no real
need to upgrade the Python version to a version >= 2.3. Am I right ?

Regards,
Rami Rosen