Re: [Xen-devel] Control tools work

To: <Christian.Limpach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Control tools work
From: "Charles Coffing" <ccoffing@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 07:56:54 -0600
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 13:56:24 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Christian,

> [1] I think I'll make the control pipe and error/progress reporting
> filehandles function call arguments to make it easier to use
> {save,restore} when you link libxc into your application.
> Although I really think you want to run these in a seperate process to
> isolate them from your main application.  If there's real demand we
> could bring back something like ioctxt to give you callbacks for
> control/error/progress.

Is there a specific reason you suggest running these in a separate process?
I'm wondering if this is just a general preference because isolation tends to
be a good thing, or if you suspect, say, a maliciously crafted domain could
somehow crash the domain builder function.

Thanks for your explanations, by the way.

Charles