RE: [Xen-devel] stable / unstable parallel install?

To: "aq" <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] stable / unstable parallel install?
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 10:19:35 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Gerd Knorr <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:18:52 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > xcs should not be on the path. Christian pointed out that
> such helper
> > applications should probably live in /usr/libexec/xen
>
> btw, how do you define it "helper application?

Well, users would not want to invoke it directly. It's not useful to
have on the path.

I'd much rather continue to have a single script that's run to start all
the necessary components as per a configuration file, rather than
exposing them all individually to users.

If as Gerd says /usr/libexec/xen is deprecated (though I note that it is
still used by a bunch of stuff in FC3), then what do we go for?
/usr/lib/xen , /usr/share/xen or /usr/opt/xen ?

Ian