Re: [Xen-devel] xen unstable crashes ...

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen unstable crashes ...
From: Gerd Knorr <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 18:09:47 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:14:29 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >Then xen dies because of a page fault in IRQ context:
>
> At what point during boot does this happen? I've just tried this on my
> test machine (dual opteron) but it didn't crash for me.

With my current pae patches (but PAE disabled) right after
xenlinux kernel appears.  With a unmodified bk checkout it
dies later on while xenlinux domain0 processes the init
scripts, but it's the same pattern.

I'd guess it's pure luck whenever you are hit by it or not.
Maybe it is memory corruption.  The faulting address not
being in the extable and not even being a valid instruction
looks like a random jump into nowhere ...

  Gerd

--
-mm seems unusually stable at present.
        -- akpm about 2.6.12-rc3-mm3