RE: [Xen-devel] [patch] more correct pfn_valid()

To: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Scott Parish" <srparish@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [patch] more correct pfn_valid()
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:31:07 +0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:30:44 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK, got it. Then, aside from para-virtualized linux, do you agree that
some change should be made to unmodified vmx domain build and DM? When
domain creation in CP and when DM services other domain, they shouldn't
operate DomN's memory by simply acquiring a plain continuous page_array
which has no hole information. Either extra information about hole, or
the page_array itself containing hole, should be added thereafter...

>> BTW, will that make some
>> complexities for non-access operation, like comparison upon
>> some address?
>
>Linux doesn't do this (It doesn't make sense anyhow).

Keep my mouth close now until I convince myself with more knowledge from
Linux. :)

- Kevin