Re: [Xen-devel] PCI interrupt setup failure: gateway

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] PCI interrupt setup failure: gateway
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 19:07:25 +0100
Cc: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 May 2005 18:47:24 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

On Friday 06 May 2005 19:28, Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
> I'm seeing what appears to be an interrupt setup failure. It occurs both
> in the current pre-FC4 xen RPM and also in the xen-unstable tree from
> last night. I'm unable to pull from the bitkeeper repository -- Larry
> McVoy denied us a license because we work on OpenCM and that competes
> with Bitkeeper.

Have you tried SourcePuller? http://sourceforge.net/projects/sourcepuller/
It's the notorious Tridge-designed BK client.  It doesn't have the SCM
functionality but should perhaps be sufficient to get the latest source out
of BK?

Or there's the BK open source client http://www.bitmover.com/bk-client.shar -
this was originally under the "No Whiners License" but I think it's actually
BSD licensed, or something similar.

Anyhow, I stuck a tarball of the latest and greatest BK tree at:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~maw48/xen-devel-20050506-maw.bk.tar.bz2

It should contain the latest patches - maybe it will help.

> Since I cannot get to the bitkeeper repository, I attempted to build and
> run the latest xen-unstable tarball -- partly because that has some of
> the new ACPI patches. This didn't help at all -- I suspect the problem
> is that cardbus support may not exist in Xen yet.

Xen doesn't let Linux see behind Cardbus bridges, so that wouldn't work.  The
new PCI / ACPI patches may support it, although I haven't tried.

Cheers,
Mark